Israeli Probate of Photocopied US Will


What happens if you can’t find an original copy of the US will? Your Israeli lawyer will have to file a petition, requesting permission to submit a photocopy. The court will usually require additional affidavits to prove that this is an original and explain the reason why an original can’t  be submitted.

There are additional court fees and this will take longer than a probate of an original will, but it is possible to probate a photocopy.